As part of our compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, We, Agensi Pekerjaan The Recruiter Sdn Bhd (hereinafter refer to “The Recruiter”) requests you read the following notice regarding how we may process your personal information and sign where indicated to acknowledge your acceptance and understanding of this notice. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
What Your Personal Data Is
Personal data is any information or an opinion about you from which you can be identified. It may include Name, IC number, Employer, Photo page of passport, Visa details, Date of birth, Contact details, Emergency contact details, Work telephone number, Work email address, Work experience, Qualifications, Aptitude test results, Opinions about your work performance (eg references), Incidents at the workplace, Other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements, Information associated with managing queries and complaints.
This notice applies to all information we process about you and may include some information about your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, commission or allegations of an offense and other sensitive personal information. References to personal information in this notice include such sensitive personal information.
Who Will Be Collecting Your Personal Data
Your personal information will be collected by The Recruiter for its own use who might require access to your personal information in connection with your work placements.
How Your Information Will Be Collected
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with our consultants through face to face or telephone, register as member in our website, connect us in social media and etc.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of your work rights status
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- we receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- you provide us with any additional information about you
How We Use Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents)
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
- ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing
- to undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies.
- At all times the personal information that we collect will only be collected to the extent that it is necessary to fulfill these purposes.
Your Personal Information May Be Disclosed To:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of The Recruiter
- External providers of online training and induction
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
Trusted third parties including but not limited to:
- Property landlords
- Credit reference agencies
- Suppliers and/or service providers
- Current, past and prospective employers
- Institutionalised financial organisations
- Family, associates and representatives of data subjects
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
Personal Data of Referees
The submission of references is essential to the recruitment process as we give critical consideration to any input provided to us by your referees.
In submitting your application, you shall be required to submit the names and other personal data of referees you wish us to contact. In the event that you disclose to us any personal data belonging to any referee in relation to your candidacy, we will assume that you have obtained required consents from such referees to disclose to us their personal data for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy, in relation to current or future vacancies that we may engage with you from time to time. Accordingly, we will also assume that you have given each referee sufficient notice on the purpose of our use of their personal data.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
Our collection and processing of your personal information is obligatory, otherwise:
We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
As such, we generally cannot offer you the choice or means of limiting the processing of personal information in certain ways.
You can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
Please contact us should you request to access or correction your personal information. We will not impose any changes for access and correction of your personal information.
If we make any changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you where appropriate and will post these changes on our website www.therecruiter.com.my so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. We will seek your consent to any changes where appropriate but otherwise by continuing to allow us to process your personal information you consent to such processing as described from time to time.
If, at any time, you wish to access or correct your information or have any enquiries or complaints about your privacy, please email us at email@example.com.