Ever wonder why some of the companies in Malaysia always require a photo as part of the job application process ?
Of few years working in recruitment industry, I realized that having a photo for CV is more beneficial than those CV that without photo since most of the companies or recruiters used to seek for “perfect-person-for-the-job” face. But there’s lot of room for us choosing the wrong photo for our CV.
So, in case you have to submit a photo during job application, here are some important tips :
- Show Your Face Clearly – Keep it simple, put on appropriate make up and make sure you have your hair swept away from that gorgeous mug of yours.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing – Dress professionally. This is not a fashion show, so stick to simple collared shirt or blouse, choose to dress in solid colors instead of fancy colors design pattern.
- Bright Lighting – Be sure that you have sufficient and flattering lighting for the photo.
- Clean Background – Use a clean color wall as your background. Avoid showing your kitchen, living room etc.
- No Editing – Avoid using filters or apply photo editing on your face. Please forget about all of the photo editing applications because we do not want the employer to have difficulty in recognizing you.
- No Selfie – This is a strictly NO NO ! It’s awkward to have a selfie photo attached to your CV.