Here are some ridiculous, fussy office rules that drive great employees away. It’s hard enough to keep good people even when you don’t have any of these rules in place.
Why make it harder that it already is to keep your team on board and happy?
Company Rules That Drive Good Employees Away
1. No personal decorations at your workstation.
2. If you disagree with a manager, you’ll get written up for insubordination.
3. Formal business attire is required at all times even when you never see customers.
4. No flexibility in your arrival or departure times, no matter what.
5. If you start work at 9am and work until midnight (even though you’re on salary and won’t get paid a penny for those extra hours) you must be at work at 9am tomorrow or get in trouble for being late.
6. Internet restrictions at work such as limiting watching Youtube videos
7. You can’t carry over your vacation time from year to year — but based on department schedules, you might not be able to use it, either.
8. You’re forbidden from making or taking personal phone calls while you’re at work, even if it’s an emergency.